I’ve got the answers to all the questions your wedding guide told you to ask. And some it didn’t.
I’ve never been married before. How does this whole photography thing work?
Choosing your wedding photographer can be overwhelming. Thankfully, I’m here to guide you through the process. Here’s how it works.
- You call me. (ring ring : 717-798-2834)
- We chat a bit.
- We set up a consultation during which we will discuss:
- Your vision for your wedding day
- The beautiful custom albums I’m gonna show you
- How my style jives with yours
- Which package would best suit your needs
- You love me. Yay! It’s a date. I just need a deposit to secure your wedding day so no one else can steal me from you.
- You book your engagement shoot. Fun times, practice round, cute photos.
- We stay in contact all the way up the the big day. I’ve got all the details so we won’t miss a single shot.
- It’s showtime! You enjoy the best day of your life. You marry your best friend. I make sure you remember it the next day and the next year and the year after that.
- You head off on your honeymoon and I get to work, preparing your images so every. single. one. is perfecto.
- You’re home, a few shades darker, and you get to relive your wedding day through a stunning slideshow. It’s going to be so hard to choose, but don’t worry, I’ll help you pick out the best images for your album, your wall, and to give to your friends.
- I put the finishing touches on your album and prints and send them off to my professional lab. A few weeks later, you pick them up, hang them proudly in your home, and share them with all your friends.
How would you describe your style?
My images are vibrant and exuberant, with a bit of whimsy and romance. I celebrate all the joyous moments and the quiet ones in between.
What type of equipment do you use?
I use professional Canon digital SLR cameras. I have a variety of lenses, flashes, and lighting equipment to capture the perfect image in every situation. Most importantly, I have backups of all that equipment, so if even if an ELEPHANT DROPS FROM THE SKY and smashes my camera, I will continue to capture your wedding as if nothing happened (though I might cry a little inside).
How long have you been in business?
I shot my first wedding of one of my best friends in 2006. I started by business after I graduated college (American University) in 2009.
Are you going to be the center of attention on my wedding day?
No. This is your day and I’m here to make sure you enjoy it to the fullest. I will work with you and your other vendors including your wedding planner and DJ to make sure everything runs as smoothly as possible. I’m easygoing. You can count on my to stay calm when you’re running late or forgot the rings or everyone else is stressing out around you. You are getting married today, to your best friend, in front of everyone you love. I will never interrupt an important moment. That being said, there are certain moments when I need to take control, herding errant bridesmaids and groomsmen for group portraits or helping you pose in a natural way that will accentuate your best features.
How far in advance do I need to book you for my wedding?
Most of my couples book their weddings at least six months to a year before the big day. Obviously, the earlier you contact me, the better the chance that I still have your date available.
Can I give you a list of specific shots we would like?
Certainly. I would love to collaborate with you to make sure I capture everything you envisioned, especially if there are details of your wedding that may be uncommon. However, each wedding is unique and you can never predict exactly how the day will unfold. The lighting, subjects and location will never be the same as an image you found on Pintrest and trying to fit your dynamics into a cookie-cutter mold doesn’t always work out. I’ve shot many weddings and know how to anticipate the important moments. I don’t need an exhaustive list to tell me to capture your first kiss. I wouldn’t miss it for the world. Please trust me to capture all the important moments and details that make your day unique.
What information do you need from me before the wedding day?
I will call you a few weeks before your wedding to go over all the last-minute details and make sure I have a complete timeline of your day.
May I have a list of references?
Of course! I would love to give you one when I meet you for your consultation. Give me a call at 717-798-2834 to set up an appointment today.